I have just managed to upgrade my GrampsAIO installation on Windows
Vista to run gramps 3.4.
Here's what I did - it seemed to work, and I can still run my old
GrampsAOI version 3.3 (though obviously not on any upgraded trees),
but I am not an expert, and I don't know if this will work for
anyone else. There may be a risk of breaking your current GrampsAOI
- Back up all your gramps trees to XML.
- download gramps-3.4.0.tar.gz from sourceforge
- decompress file and extract gramps source (I used 7-Zip)
- make a copy of c:\Program Files\GrampsAIO, and its
subdirectories. I called mine c:\Program Files\GrampsAIO-3.4
- delete contents of c:\Program Files\GrampsAIO-3.4\gramps
- copy contents of gramps3.4.0\src directory from download to
- copy GrampsAIO shortcut file and edit the copy to use the new
Think hard, and make backups before you attempt this.
On 29/05/2012 07:39, Terry Corbet wrote:
I know that someday I am going to
have to finally get off of Windows XP, but I did not realize
that the pendulum had swung so far away. Is there really a
larger group of people running 64-bit enabled versions of
Windows? I guess it is at least so for those of you upon whom
we depend to get us an installable version of the latest
code. Is there an expected date for 3.4 All-in-One for us old
slackers running 32-bit Windows XP? Thank you.