From: John Ellis <johne@ve...> - 2004-08-26 10:05:19
Announcing the 1.5.2 development release of GQview.
1.5.x is a development series for testing new features, and as such may contain
(The current stable version is 1.4.3)
+ Started documentation for a help manual (~50% completed).
+ Add favorite keyword list for easy keyword assignment.
+ Add option to delay full screen change until image load is complete.
- Add option to disable xscreensaver when in full screen.
- Search window is now sortable by column.
- Slideshow delay precision changed to .1 (tenth) second.
- Updated Romanian, Russian translations.
* Fix application hang when running a verbose editor command.
* Fix floating tool window keyboard shortcuts.
* Fix file truncation when attempting to copy same file with multiple
* Fix utf-8 warnings when displaying file date text.
* Fix utf-8 filename warning dialog to display in all cases.
* Merge bug fixes from 1.4.3 stable.
A print dialog (SHIFT + P) appears in this release, however it is incomplete.
The only print destination that works at this time is 'print to image file',
also the text options (on the text tab) are not implemented.
(distribution packagers may wish to disable the print dialog completely to spare
themselves related bug reports for this release, this can be done by commenting
out/removing the print menu line in layout_util.c around line 743)
The 'smooth image flip in full screen' option works by not changing the image
until the next image is completely read from disk. When the delay begins to take
a noticeable amount of time, the mouse cursor changes to an hourglass.
Occasionally the hourglass cursor will remain after the image change - this will
be fixed in a future release.
GQview is an image viewer offering easy browsing, thumbnail preview,
and basic file management operations (copy, move, and delete).
John Ellis <johne@...>
http://gqview.sourceforge.net <GQview> | http://gqapplets.sourceforge.nethttp://gqmpeg.sourceforge.net <GQmpeg> | <panel applets>
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.