Sonim XP3300 Force

Garnat
2011-05-16
2013-05-29
  • Garnat

Garnat - 2011-05-16

It runs on my Sonim XP3300 Force.
    Had to install the small Midlet and set the map source to external bundle saved on memory card.

One problem though - when zooming out more than 250m the app crashes (closes), and the same during routing.
    I think this could be due to limited memory, but i didn't tried to tweak it yet, nor to confirm that this is the case.

• Garnat

Garnat - 2011-07-04

I recently updated GpsMid on my Sonim XP 3300 to version 0.7.6
    So i am currently using the GpsMid-Generic-full-0.7.6-map67 bundle, with map source set to pre-bundled middlet unpacked to an 32GB SD card.
    The app runs much smoother than before and also the occasional crashes and memory problems seems to be completely gone - i am not sure if this is due to the new version, or due to the fact it is using unpacked map source data.

Anyway, good work, many thanks for such great great application!

• sk750

sk750 - 2011-07-04

This is certainly better now due to the unpacked map data. Zipped maps as external resource require much memory because GpsMid has to remember a few bytes like offset and filename for every file contained in the zip. With thousands or ten thousands of files in the zip this becomes quite memory intensive. So the errors you have faced before were probably low memory issues.