Modification for Android Outline target

Developers
sk750
2012-08-19
2013-05-29
  • sk750

sk750 - 2012-08-19

Hi,

now I've done the changes to j2mepolish\j2mepolish-src\j2me\src\de\enough\polish\android\lcdui\Graphics.java as described in the wiki.

The wiki says it does not require a recompilation of J2MEPolish.

However when compiling (ant clean android) I get 10 errors
    for getPaint() and getCanvas() not being found.

Does it anyway require a recompilation of J2MEPolish?

sk750

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-08-19

I don't know if I managed to explain clearly enough how to do the needed modification. Perhaps you can describe in your own words the steps you did, and we can look then if it matches what should be done?

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Guessing from your comment what you've done, this paragraph I just added to the wiki may help:

"Please note that if you do not want to recompile J2MEPolish itself, you must change the file _inside the jar_ mentioned above, it's not necessary to change the source file which may be in a j2mepolish-src source code directory inside the J2MEPolish distribution."

• Jyrki Kuoppala

"necessary" should probably be "neither necessary nor sufficient"

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Oh, and while on the topic of wiki, perhaps you can add a Windows path example for the modification?

• Jyrki Kuoppala

.. and if you go the recompilation path, add a note if it works out of the box or requires some hoops to jump through

• sk750

sk750 - 2012-08-19

Thanks, now it compiled - did not read close enough.

The installation path for J2MEPolish on Windows is user-defined, so cannot specify.

However I put modification instructions right into build.xml.

• karel

karel - 2012-08-20

You need not change the file inside the jar. You can change j2mepolish\j2mepolish-src\j2me\src\de\enough\polish\android\lcdui\Graphics.java as you did, then uncomment the line with polish.client.source property in build.xml (line 83?) in GpsMid root directory and set this path properly. I use this:

<property name="polish.client.source" value="${polish.home}/j2mepolish-src/j2me/src" />

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-08-20

Thanks, I added that to wiki.

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-08-21

I dropped a note about the mod to j2mepolish@enough.de suggesting they might consider including such functionality in a future version, we'll see what happens if anything.

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-08-21

I received an answert that the feature will be added to J2MEPolish.

• sk750

sk750 - 2012-08-22

Great

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks