Currently the PAL Video Module is disabled (commented out), one reason is the internal methods it used are not supported in current code. I have recoded this so that it works. (Once submitted/provided, I would like to have someone check that I have done this in a way that makes sense).
Also I need to check that I'm not consuming too much CPU in the way I've done the mod.
I would also like comments on the actual use of IN1 and IN2 inputs to read the PAL signal.
I have used these signals as SYNC and LUMINANCE. In a true PAL composite signal, these are superimposed such that : (not using actual values, but example values)
sync is 0
no sync black is 0.3 (say)
no sync white is 1.0
I think that in the very least the two pins should be labelled SYNC and LUME, or possibly move to the composite one input (analog) method.
Retaining two pins, SYNC and LUME, makes it easier from a wiring point of view as the resistors required do not need to be implemented on the virtual breadboard. (And it then simply makes the change as simple as a rename of pins for clarity)
The proposed change involves the following:
* Recode where necessary the module to use the new methods
* Rename in1 and in2 to be SYNC and LUME
* SYNC is basically either ON or OFF (low means SYNC)
* LUME then becomes an analog light level with 0=black 5v=white - anywhere inbetween a shade of grey (proportional)
* Include a simple PAL test program to examples
In my example I've only used LUME either on (white) or off (black).
Opened as a tracker artifact (I hope I'm doing the right thing), will attach svn diffs shortly.