From: Robert Lipe <robertlipe@us...> - 2004-07-24 22:38:11
I've just put up a new beta build containing both Windows executables
and source. This contains some interesting new work but is dominated by
fixes for hardware-specific problems. See:
My thanx to those that contributed code, testing, analysis, or loaner
equipment to get this far.
I finally had time to really analyze the MCT USB/Serial adapter problem
on Windows XP. (I was never able to make that thing work with Windows
98 in any reliable way with _any_ program.) It and I disagree on how
comm timeouts work. In the interest of not moving the mountain to
Mohammed, I just sandbagged the timeouts (it's harmless for our needs)
which brings joy to all the Garmins and Magellans I could connect via
this adapter. I don't know if other hardware is affected, but MCT makes
many USB/Serial adapters that are sold under different names, so please
retry any serial failures you've observed.
Please try this on your collection of hardware and let us know success
Also, the Garmin 60 fund has come close enough to the price of one that
I've decided to float the amounts and am in the process of ordering one
so that the USB work can begin. I really, really hope the new VistaC,
LegendC, 96C, and Quest all implement the protocol in a compatible
manner. I hope to begin studying and coding for the 60/USB effort
within two weeks. Thanx to those that have contributed.