Cool.  Glad to hear from people NOT having problems, too. :-)

FWIW, it's not terribly surprising that Google Earth's GPX reader "showed exactly the same data" as Google Earth's reader for GPX (and several other formats) works by calling an included copy of GPSBabel to convert to KML.
On Tue Mar 04 2014 at 11:49:12 AM, Ken Powers <kdpo@pacbell.net> wrote:
I just downloaded the beta and it worked fine (I used the GPSBabel GUI). Translated a big gpx file to kml. Google Earth showed exactly the same data.
 
Ken
----- Original Message -----
From: ROCHEMONT_henri
To: tsteven4@gmail.com ; gpsbabel-code ; H.Fos
Cc: Robert Lipe
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:05 AM
Subject: [Gpsbabel-code] tr: re: gpsbabel - Build # 294 - Fixed!






> Message du 04/03/14 12:02
> De : "ROCHEMONT_henri"
> A : "Jenkins Daemon"
> Copie à : "tsteven4" , "Jenkins Daemon"
> Objet : re: [Gpsbabel-code] gpsbabel - Build # 294 - Fixed!
>
>

> morning

it open but dont function

> i put the result of tranlate a zone dangers.gpi file to zone dangers.gdb file garmin

>  

> gpsbabel -w -i garmin_gpi,bitmap=,category=My points,proximity=0,sleep=1,speed=0,unique=1 -f C:/Mes POIs/ZD/Zones Dangers.gpi -o gdb,cat=3,bitscategory=1,ver=3 -F "C:/Mes POIs/ZD/Zones Dangers.gdbi"

garmin_gpi: Unexpected end of file (C:/Mes POIs/ZD/Zones Dangers.gpi)!

 

>  

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

big problem

i reinstall 1.4 4 version

no problem with the last version

the beta version is not good

courage

>  



 

> Message du 03/03/14 20:39
> De : "Jenkins Daemon"
> A : gpsbabel-code@lists.sourceforge.net
> Copie à :
> Objet : [Gpsbabel-code] gpsbabel - Build # 294 - Fixed!
>
> gpsbabel - Build # 294 - Fixed:
>
> [2014-03-03T16:28:57.837296Z r4772] Clean up last night's (post-beta) cleanup of wfff.
>
>
>
> The full build log is attached.
>
> [...truncated 1412 lines...]
> Running ./testo.d/jtr.test
> Running ./testo.d/kml-read.test
> Running ./testo.d/kml.test
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/kml-points.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/earth-expertgps.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/gpx_garmin_extensions-kml_track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/bounds-test-track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/segmented_tracks.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/gtrnctr_power-kml.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/earth-gc.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/LineStyles.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/earth-expertgps-track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.16956/bounds-test.kml validates
> Running ./testo.d/lmx.test
> Running ./testo.d/lowranceusr4.test
> Running ./testo.d/lowranceusr.test
> Running ./testo.d/magellan_sd.test
> Running ./testo.d/magellan.test
> Running ./testo.d/maggeo.test
> Running ./testo.d/mainnav.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapasia.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapbar.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapsend.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapsource.test
> Running ./testo.d/mmo.test
> Running ./testo.d/motoactv.test
> Running ./testo.d/mtk_locus.test
> Running ./testo.d/mtk.test
> Running ./testo.d/multiurlgpx.test
> Running ./testo.d/mxf.test
> Running ./testo.d/navicache.test
> Running ./testo.d/naviguide.test
> Running ./testo.d/navilink.test
> Running ./testo.d/navitel.test
> Running ./testo.d/netstumbler.test
> Running ./testo.d/nmea.test
> Running ./testo.d/nmn4.test
> Running ./testo.d/osm.test
> Running ./testo.d/ozi.test
> Running ./testo.d/pcx.test
> Running ./testo.d/pocketfms.test
> Running ./testo.d/polygon.test
> Running ./testo.d/position.test
> Running ./testo.d/psitrex.test
> Running ./testo.d/radius.test
> Running ./testo.d/raymarine.test
> Running ./testo.d/route_reverse.test
> Running ./testo.d/saroute.test
> Running ./testo.d/sbn.test
> Running ./testo.d/sbp.test
> Running ./testo.d/simplify-relative.test
> Running ./testo.d/simplify.test
> Running ./testo.d/skyforce.test
> Running ./testo.d/skytraq.test
> Running ./testo.d/stackfilter.test
> Running ./testo.d/stmsdf.test
> Running ./testo.d/stmwpp.test
> Running ./testo.d/subrip.test
> Running ./testo.d/tef.test
> Running ./testo.d/teletype.test
> Running ./testo.d/text.test
> Running ./testo.d/tiger.test
> Running ./testo.d/tmpro.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom_asc.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom_itn.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom.test
> Running ./testo.d/tpg.test
> Running ./testo.d/tpo.test
> Running ./testo.d/track-discard.test
> Running ./testo.d/track.test
> Running ./testo.d/transform.test
> Running ./testo.d/unicsv_grids.test
> Running ./testo.d/unicsv.test
> Running ./testo.d/v900.test
> Running ./testo.d/vidaone.test
> Running ./testo.d/vitosmt.test
> Running ./testo.d/vitovtt.test
> Running ./testo.d/vpl.test
> Running ./testo.d/wfff.test
> Running ./testo.d/wintec_tes.test
> Running ./testo.d/xcsv.test
> Running ./testo.d/xmap.test
> Running ./testo.d/xmapwpt.test
> Running ./testo.d/xol.test
> Running UTF-8 BOM test
> Running well-formed XML test
> + rm -f vg.log
> + ./vtesto -l -j vg.log
> Running ./testo.d/alantrl.test
> Running ./testo.d/alanwpr.test
> Running ./testo.d/an1.test
> Running ./testo.d/arc-project.test
> Running ./testo.d/arc.test
> Running ./testo.d/bcr.test
> Running ./testo.d/bend.test
> Running ./testo.d/bushnell.test
> Running ./testo.d/classic-1.test
> Running ./testo.d/classic-2.test
> Running ./testo.d/classic-3.test
> Running ./testo.d/classic-4.test
> Running ./testo.d/compegps.test
> Running ./testo.d/cst.test
> Running ./testo.d/csv.test
> Running ./testo.d/delgpl.test
> Running ./testo.d/destinator.test
> Running ./testo.d/dmtlog.test
> Running ./testo.d/dna.test
> Running ./testo.d/dop_filter.test
> Running ./testo.d/duplicate.test
> Running ./testo.d/easygps.test
> Running ./testo.d/enigma.test
> Running ./testo.d/exif.test
> Running ./testo.d/fugawi.test
> Running ./testo.d/g7towin.test
> Running ./testo.d/garmin_fit.test
> Running ./testo.d/garmin_gpi.test
> Running ./testo.d/garmin_txt.test
> Running ./testo.d/garmin_xt.test
> Running ./testo.d/gdb.test
> Running ./testo.d/geo.test
> Running ./testo.d/ggv_log.test
> Running ./testo.d/ggv_ovl.test
> Running ./testo.d/glogbook.test
> Running ./testo.d/gnav_trl.test
> Running ./testo.d/googledir.test
> Running ./testo.d/google.test
> Running ./testo.d/gopal.test
> Running ./testo.d/gpsdrive.test
> Running ./testo.d/gpsman.test
> Running ./testo.d/gpssim.test
> Running ./testo.d/gpsutil.test
> Running ./testo.d/gpx.test
> Running ./testo.d/gtm.test
> Running ./testo.d/gtrnctr.test
> Running ./testo.d/height.test
> Running ./testo.d/hiketech.test
> Running ./testo.d/holux.test
> Running ./testo.d/humminbird.test
> Running ./testo.d/iblue747.test
> Running ./testo.d/igc.test
> Running ./testo.d/ignrando.test
> Running ./testo.d/igo2008_poi.test
> Running ./testo.d/igo8.test
> Running ./testo.d/ik3d.test
> Running ./testo.d/interpolate.test
> Running ./testo.d/itracku.test
> Running ./testo.d/jogmap.test
> Running ./testo.d/jtr.test
> Running ./testo.d/kml-read.test
> Running ./testo.d/kml.test
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/kml-points.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/earth-expertgps.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/gpx_garmin_extensions-kml_track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/bounds-test-track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/segmented_tracks.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/gtrnctr_power-kml.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/earth-gc.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/LineStyles.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/earth-expertgps-track.kml validates
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gpsbabel/gbtemp/gpsbabel.18912/bounds-test.kml validates
> Running ./testo.d/lmx.test
> Running ./testo.d/lowranceusr4.test
> Running ./testo.d/lowranceusr.test
> Running ./testo.d/magellan_sd.test
> Running ./testo.d/magellan.test
> Running ./testo.d/maggeo.test
> Running ./testo.d/mainnav.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapasia.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapbar.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapsend.test
> Running ./testo.d/mapsource.test
> Running ./testo.d/mmo.test
> Running ./testo.d/motoactv.test
> Running ./testo.d/mtk_locus.test
> Running ./testo.d/mtk.test
> Running ./testo.d/multiurlgpx.test
> Running ./testo.d/mxf.test
> Running ./testo.d/navicache.test
> Running ./testo.d/naviguide.test
> Running ./testo.d/navilink.test
> Running ./testo.d/navitel.test
> Running ./testo.d/netstumbler.test
> Running ./testo.d/nmea.test
> Running ./testo.d/nmn4.test
> Running ./testo.d/osm.test
> Running ./testo.d/ozi.test
> Running ./testo.d/pcx.test
> Running ./testo.d/pocketfms.test
> Running ./testo.d/polygon.test
> Running ./testo.d/position.test
> Running ./testo.d/psitrex.test
> Running ./testo.d/radius.test
> Running ./testo.d/raymarine.test
> Running ./testo.d/route_reverse.test
> Running ./testo.d/saroute.test
> Running ./testo.d/sbn.test
> Running ./testo.d/sbp.test
> Running ./testo.d/simplify-relative.test
> Running ./testo.d/simplify.test
> Running ./testo.d/skyforce.test
> Running ./testo.d/skytraq.test
> Running ./testo.d/stackfilter.test
> Running ./testo.d/stmsdf.test
> Running ./testo.d/stmwpp.test
> Running ./testo.d/subrip.test
> Running ./testo.d/tef.test
> Running ./testo.d/teletype.test
> Running ./testo.d/text.test
> Running ./testo.d/tiger.test
> Running ./testo.d/tmpro.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom_asc.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom_itn.test
> Running ./testo.d/tomtom.test
> Running ./testo.d/tpg.test
> Running ./testo.d/tpo.test
> Running ./testo.d/track-discard.test
> Running ./testo.d/track.test
> Running ./testo.d/transform.test
> Running ./testo.d/unicsv_grids.test
> Running ./testo.d/unicsv.test
> Running ./testo.d/v900.test
> Running ./testo.d/vidaone.test
> Running ./testo.d/vitosmt.test
> Running ./testo.d/vitovtt.test
> Running ./testo.d/vpl.test
> Running ./testo.d/wfff.test
> Running ./testo.d/wintec_tes.test
> Running ./testo.d/xcsv.test
> Running ./testo.d/xmap.test
> Running ./testo.d/xmapwpt.test
> Running ./testo.d/xol.test
> + echo 'test-all in progress... (read/write test between all possible formats)'
> test-all in progress... (read/write test between all possible formats)
> + LIBC_FATAL_STDERR_=1
> + export LIBC_FATAL_STDERR_
> + ./test-all -s -r reference/expertgps.gpx
> + ./test-all -J
> Fatal Error Cases:
>
> Error Summary:
> tests with errors and/or unexpected output: 122
> tests without error but with unexpected output: 0
> tests with non-fatal errors: 122
> tests with fatal errors: 0
> total tests: 15802
> Archiving artifacts
> Email was triggered for: Fixed
> Trigger Success was overridden by another trigger and will not send an email.
> Sending email for trigger: Fixed
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Subversion Kills Productivity. Get off Subversion & Make the Move to Perforce.
> With Perforce, you get hassle-free workflows. Merge that actually works.
> Faster operations. Version large binaries. Built-in WAN optimization and the
> freedom to use Git, Perforce or both. Make the move to Perforce.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=122218951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk_______________________________________________
> Gpsbabel-code mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
> Gpsbabel-code@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
>
>
> [ buildlog-294.txt (182.1 Ko) ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subversion Kills Productivity. Get off Subversion & Make the Move to Perforce.
With Perforce, you get hassle-free workflows. Merge that actually works.
Faster operations. Version large binaries.  Built-in WAN optimization and the
freedom to use Git, Perforce or both. Make the move to Perforce.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=122218951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk


_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
Gpsbabel-code@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code