progress, since there are no resources on the gpi file (I don't expect full
manual, but perhaps notes would be great) and testing stuff is really slow
(loading a file to gps, unplugging form usb, turning on, looking around,
0) Get some geocaching extensions working (I can do this on my own, no help
needed, but recommendations welcomed).
1) Get images working. The current state is, that I have image, but it's badly
garbled. I don't know if the problem is in incompatible bmp (I've tried some
variants, specifically indexed and non-indexed, various color depth) or the
bitmap format used in gpi (I have noticed that the hardcoded image is larger
than the image produced from bmp).
2) Get more images working. I want to have image for each geocache type...
3) Improve the code a little, maybe add some more comments and write down some
notes on the format.
To the point on images -- they appear quiet large (larger than images I've got
from my friend's gpi from garmin's poiloader) and garbled. I would think that
the gps is reading the image in 24 bits per color or something like that. I
don't really know...
Some specific questions I have are:
1) Are there any notes on this format, perhaps from someone who wrote the code?
Was this code inspired by some other software?
2) Who wrote or maintains this code? Maybe we could talk about it and share some
3) Is there any good way to do testing and/or debugging? Some online reader?
Good windows app?