GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor for creating, reorganizing, and
deleting disk partitions.
The most significant change in this release is the ability to
compile and link with libparted 3.0.
GParted retains full functionality when compiled and linked with
libparted versions prior to 3.0, for example libparted-2.4.
Please note that because Parted 3.0 removed some file system
specific functionality, the following abilities are lost or changed
when GParted is compiled and linked with libparted-3.0:
* Unable to grow and shrink FAT16 and FAT32 file systems
* Unable to shrink HFS and HFS+ file systems
* Unable to determine used and unused sectors in HFS and HFS+ file
* Unable to erase file system signatures on partition create and
* FAT16 and FAT32 file system moves performed internally by
GParted instead of by libparted
Other key changes in this release include:
* Fix size off by one sector with unrecognized disk label
* Fix GParted crashes with assertion (head_size <= 63)
- Requires libparted-2.4 or higher
Visit http://gparted.org for more details.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.