Menu

Google 2-step Verification

Help
2011-02-28
2013-04-25
  • Angelo Motta

Angelo Motta - 2011-02-28

Does this work with Google's 2-Step Verification.  I tried to create an application specific password and googsystray didn't authenticate.  I tried my original gmail.com password and authentication failed.  I'm running Windows XP latest SP.

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2011-02-28

I would assume that no, it does not.  I haven't tested it, anyway.

• Rhys

Rhys - 2011-04-01

Is this going to be added at any point? According to Google application-specific passwords should just be a drop-in replacement for the normal password in apps that don't support 2-step verification and this has been the case for Pidgin and Android, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work with googsystray.

• Brian  Q

Brian Q - 2011-04-05

Ditto here. I just turned on two-step authentication, and it works like a charm on all my other applications. GRaiN doesn't work for me, so GoogSysTray is my only option. Help me, GoogSysTray, you're my only hope!

•  Ryan

Ryan - 2011-04-05

I'll add my voice to this. After switching to two-step auth, GoogSysTray hasn't been working (obviously). After trying my best to purge my system (Linux Mint Debian Edition x64) of the installer files, I still couldn't get rid of my saved credentials for it. I think a simple solution would be to allow storage of separate passwords for each service under the same username, or a lazier hack: several instances of GoogSysTray running, each with the same username, a different password, and one service apiece).

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2011-04-06

Just to note, yes, I am watching this conversation… I've been getting my butt handed to me by work and life in general right now and I haven't even had enough time to push a new release for the Voice fixes… I will get on this when I get some free time, hopefully this weekend.