issues with contacts

Help
Anonymous
2010-05-14
2013-04-25
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-14

Hi. I'm running 1.1.4 on WinXP. Couple questions/issues

1) How is the contacts list populated in the SMS popup? I don't see all of my contacts in the drop down.

2) When I start typing a contact name, if I backspace, and try to start typing again, the app stops responding.

3) If i select a contact from the drop-down and try to change it, the app doesn't acknowledge the change. I have to X out of the popup and start a new popup.

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2010-05-14

Howdy.  I think the #1 issue is fixed in SVN.  In 1.1.4 I believe it only grabs the contacts from the first account if you have multiple accounts.

#2 I'll look into… that's strange.

#3, I'm not sure what you're trying to do?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-14

1) SVN… that's the nightly build? I'll grab it. I only have one account listed.

2) I'll retry after I re-install

3) let's say I open the contacts drop-down and accidentally select the wrong contact. If I go back into the drop-down list and select the correct contact, it still shows the first contact selected. in addition, it effectively stops responding, i can't type in the text field. I have to X out and start a new popup.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-14

I've reinstalled the app. but it is still behaving the same way. If it helps, I am only using the Google voice portion. I don't see that I am getting notifications of incoming SMS, and outbound SMS don't seem to work either, so the problems reported above are really just a symptoms of a bigger problem (that app doesn't work for me at all).

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2010-05-15

Strange.  I'm not sure what to say… is there anything 'odd' about your setup or network setup (proxy, etc)?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-08-17

Hello, I had the same issue with Contacts not being listed in the dropdown menu for SMS. I solved my issue by removing all info in the Contact settings except the name and phone number

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2010-08-17

Hrm, that sounds like one of the contacts might have a field that's getting parsed badly or something.  Did any of the contacts have strange fields or strange characters in one of the fields?  I know we still get messed up by some unicode stuff.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-08-21

edit: Same problem reappeared.  Contacts once again do not show up in the dropdown men. All contacts have just first name and one phone number to be as simple as possible.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-09-09

The way i fixed the problem was to delete the contacts and re-enter them

• Jim Duchek

Jim Duchek - 2010-09-09

Hrm, I wonder what the problem was. 

• thejtluv

thejtluv - 2011-01-18

I'm having trouble with contacts auto populating in the sms dropdown.  If I'm connected via wifi, it works fine.  If I connect via pdanet via bluetooth to my sprint htc evo, it doesn't work.  It also seems sporadic whether it's working at actually catching new messages.  Web pages seem to work, with the exception of meebo.com…when I try to log in there, it sits and spins.  All of these things work fine when connected via wifi.  Anyone seen anything like this?  It's driving me nuts.  Thanks