terminal table removed from 4.1?

Help
iskren_g
2006-09-14
2013-02-10
  • iskren_g

iskren_g - 2006-09-14

Hi!
    Is the problem with my compilation of the unofficial 4.1 version of gnuplot, or the terminal type table was removed? Is there other terminal type that produces ascii file? I'm using it a lot to produce new files for rows fulfiling given criteria.

Thanks!

• Hans-Bernhard Broeker

It wasn't removed, just renamed --- and the old name is still available, but generates a warning, so I'm somewhat mystified how you might have managed to miss it.  See "help table".

• iskren_g

iskren_g - 2006-09-15

Thanks, Broeker, for pointing me the "help table". I missed it because in 4.0 if I say "help terminal", I see table along with many other terminal types. In 4.1 I don't see in "help terminal" the type table, as it used to be. It is no longer like in 4.0 with
      "set term table". My gnuplot scripts are using the old terminology, this is why.

OK, thanks for the help!

• Hans-Bernhard Broeker

You got only half my point.  Using 'set term table' still works in CVS gnuplot.  You get a warning message, though, which points you to the new command name:

gnuplot> set term table
                 warning: The command 'set term table' is deprecated.
                 Please use 'set table "outfile"' instead. 

What I was so surprised about was how you might have managed to miss a hint as obvious as that.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks