gnuplot on handhelds

Help
2002-09-10
2002-09-11
  • Serguei Klink

Serguei Klink - 2002-09-10

Hello
    I'm interested in running gnuplot on a handheld(probably not a very expensive one and probably linux-based) but haven't found too much of info about it. I guess it would look like sort of graphing calculator(which I really don't want to buy, and I like gnuplot much more than that)...Did anybody ever try to do anything similar?

• Hans-Bernhard Broeker

Hmm... as far as I'm aware, "not expensive" and "Linux-based" unfortunately still contradict each other, probably because these still sell as novelties.

OTOH, as long as there's a compiler on/for that handheld, and the Linux it runs encloses X11, I don't see any particular reason why gnuplot shouldn't be able to run on it.

• Serguei Klink

Serguei Klink - 2002-09-11

Thanks for the answer.

Well, X is exactly the problem here - so I guess I should ask it like this: Does gnuplot support any other X-like outputs(well...thinking about an example...maybe Qt, picoGUI? or are those "compatible enough" with X?)?
      Oh, and btw, does gnuplot support other things like linux framebuffer, sdl, ggi? I know about svgalib but that's only x86...

• Hans-Bernhard Broeker

Qt runs on top of X, so it's not an alternative at all, AFAIK.

gnuplot does support GGI --- at least, the development version does.

• Serguei Klink

Serguei Klink - 2002-09-11

I meant qt/embedded, actually...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks