Menu

Help Wanted

The Lounge
2022-06-20
2022-06-25
  • Jack Tearle

Jack Tearle - 2022-06-20

Looking for someone to take over maintenance of Canadian Payroll package. The current production version is written in MicroFocus Cobol and runs on SCO Openserver as an 80x25 character application. I have a version using the same data files running in test mode in GNUCobol using a web interface (Linux,Apache, PHP).
    Maintenance generally only requires subscribing to government publications and adjusting code accordingly.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2022-06-20

Looking for someone to take over maintenance of Canadian Payroll package.

How would this maintenance take over work, does it have a public repo we can check out or is part of a private company repo?

Maintenance generally only requires subscribing to government publications and adjusting code accordingly.

Is there any companies that rely on this package, I couldn't find much information about a "Canadian Payroll package" written in COBOL. So depending on how big it actually is, it might be a really huge responsibility for someone to maintain. I think we need more information on what exactly the package is.

• Jack Tearle

Jack Tearle - 2022-06-21

It is closed source. We currently pay about a 1000 employees, small in a country with 10 million workers. The new "owners" will get all my notes and code, and an introduction to the current clients.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2022-06-25

Last edit: Anonymous 2022-06-26