Menu

cobjapi - having problems with foreground color

GnuCOBOL
2021-03-23
2021-04-30
  • Rich Di Iulio

Rich Di Iulio - 2021-03-23

Hi All!

I am trying to create a frame with a background and foreground using RGB. I am able to get the background color set. I cannot get the foreground color set. I have attached a test program that has all the variables in it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rich Di Iulio

• David Wall

David Wall - 2021-03-23

Perhaps supply the copy modules as well and we may help. cobjapi stuff.

• Rich Di Iulio

Rich Di Iulio - 2021-03-24

I did not supply the Cobjapi, as I assume you would have to install and configure before compiling the source code.

Rich Di Iulio

• David Wall

David Wall - 2021-03-24

OK fair enough - can't help you sorry - I have no ideas about whatever cobjapi is.

• Rich Di Iulio

David,

Thank you for responding and trying to help.

Rich Di Iulio

• thomas

thomas - 2021-03-24

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by foreground color, i tested your program and made small changes, i hope it is what you wanted to do.

Last edit: thomas 2021-03-24
    • Rich Di Iulio

thom,

Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to do. I still get mixed up between RM/COBOL and GnuCOBOL. Again thanks.

Rich Di Iulio

• Simon Sobisch

Simon Sobisch - 2021-03-24

Can you please try to setup a "differences" list and possibly a "port notes" doc [no need to be 100%, but a starter somewhere would be good]?

• Rich Di Iulio

Simon,

Thank you for responding. My problem was that I still support a RM/COBOL application on SCO OpenServer 5. So going back and forth, I sometimes get mixed up. Then I get caught in a loop and get messed up. I am working on a cross-platform GUI program in GnuCOBOL using Cobjapi. RM/COBOL is terminal screens.

Rich Di Iulio

• László Erdős

László Erdős - 2021-03-31

Hi,
        you can use also the functions J-GETSCREENWIDTH, J-GETSCREENHEIGHT and so position the frame. I have now added an example (frame2.cob) for this to COBJAPI.

László