I'm pleased to announce the 0.9.9 version of gnoMint: a graphical
X.509 Certification Authority management tool.
This version includes a major code clean-up, and some interesting new features:
* Now, gnoMint is able to import CAs that have been generated with the managing scripts included in OpenSSL (as CA.pl and openssl ca). This support is added to the already existing support for importing CAs generated by TinyCA.
* Updated translations from launchpad.net: added new Brazilian
* A new, more secure, cyphering method (based on AES) has been
included for protecting passwords and private keys. The program is
fully compatible with old method. For forcing the protection of the
whole database with the new-method, change the database password.
* New graphic and fully functional toolbar.
Some bugs have been fixed too:
* Fixed an architecture depending function that could give some
problems in other architectures distinct to x86.
* Removed libgnomeui useless dependence.
* Fixed problem while importing certification authority if there were
certificates in the database generated by the imported one.
* Fixed problem while exporting a CSR private key.
* Fixed problems while recovering from failures when opening, creating or saving databases.
* Ensuring GTK+-2.10 compatibility.
This version is the last expected beta release before final gnoMint
1.0 version. Please, test this 0.9.9 release more as it right
now the 1.0.0 will be exactly identical to it (except version number).
If 0.9.9 is not working as you would like the final 1.0.0 to work, now
is the time to say so!