I'm pleased to announce the 1.0.0 version "Minted gnoMint" of gnoMint: a
graphical X.509 Certification Authority management tool.
This version is the first stable release of gnoMint.
This version includes some bug fixes and improvements over the 0.9.9 release
- Added a new full Russian translation, thanks to Aquanaut. Added Finnish
- Other updated translations: Spanish, Slovak.
- Added forgotten crlgen function to gnomint-cli text-based interface.
- Fix compilation with GnuTLS 2.8.0.
- While creating a new certificate, the program now checks if new cert
expiration date is after the CA expiration date. In that case, the program
shows an info message and set the new cert expiration date to the CA
gnoMint is a tool for an easy creation and management of Certification
Authorities. It allows a fancy visualization of all the pieces that
conform a CA: x509 certificates, CSRs, CRLs...
Currently, it allows the creation of CAs, CSRs and Certificates, and
export both public and private parts of them into PEM formatted files.
It manages the revocation of the created certificates, as well as the
creation of CRLs.
gnoMint is now perfectly usable for managing a CA that emits certificates
- Authenticate people or machines in VPNs (IPSec or other protocols);
- Secure HTTP communications with SSL/TLS secured web servers;
- Authenticate and cipher HTTP communications through web-client
- Sign and/or crypt e-mails
For compiling it, its dependencies are:
- GTK+ 2.10 or newer
- SQLite 3
- libGnuTLS 2.0 or newer
More information in
You can get the tarball from sourceforge mirrors:
David Marín Carreño
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.