From: David Marín Carreño <davefx@gm...> - 2008-08-23 13:29:16
I'm pleased to announce the 0.5.1 version of gnoMint:a graphical
X.509 Certification Authority managing tool.
This version adds some interesting features:
* Now gnoMint has a recent opened files menu.
Some bugs are fixed:
* Fixing problem when creating a new CSR that must import field values from CA.
* Fixing bug that made impossible to change the policy of a CA
* Removing some warnings due to gui changes
gnoMint is a tool for an easy creation and management of Certification
Authorities. It allows a fancy visualization of all the pieces that
conform a CA: x509 certificates, CSRs, CRLs...
Currently, it allows the creation of CAs, CSRs and Certificates, and
export both public and private parts of them into PEM formatted files.
It manages the revocation of the created certificates, as well as the
creation of CRLs.
gnoMint is now perfectly usable for managing a CA that emits
certificates able to:
* Authenticate people or machines in VPNs (IPSec or other protocols);
* Secure HTTP communications with SSL/TLS secured web servers;
* Authenticate and cipher HTTP communications through web-client
* Sign and/or crypt e-mails
For compiling it, its dependencies are:
* GTK+ 2.10 or newer
* SQLite 3
* libGnuTLS 2.0
More information in
You can get the tarball from sourceforge mirrors:
David Marín Carreño
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.