The File/session saves the following settings:
- Number of tabs and
- each tab with its individual references
(see also bug: 2800932 Open session: not showing text in biblical texts)
What it does not save is:
- in each tab which tabs besides the Bible Text tab (such as the Preview, Commentary, Dictionary/Lexicon tab) should be displayed,
- modules in seperate windows
- View/Detach Sidebar
-> Allow more of the settings to be saved.
What would be particularly helpful is to remember and reopen modules in seperate windows. This would be a big asset for Bible translators when using XI in combination with Bibledit:
As XI does not allow to have more than one Bible and more than one commentary opened in the main program window,
- more than one Bibles or commentaries could be opened in seperate windows in XI
- the main XI window can be minimized
- while working on the translation in Bibledit.
This would be an ideal screen arangment for netbooks.