how to copy-past timing only?

Help
Berteh
2014-05-16
2014-06-26
  • Berteh

Berteh - 2014-05-16

Hello, thanks for this nice editor first of all!

I have 1 srt file with good timing and another srt file with good (translated) text, but I cannot overwrite the timings of the second with the correct ones while keeping the text.

I tried to make a view that only show the timing (no text entry) and used select all + copy-paste on that view... but it copied the text entries too.

any suggestion how to replace only the time info (actually I only to fix "end" time, but that's a detail).

Berteh.

• Pedro Castro

Pedro Castro - 2014-05-16

Hi! And thanks. :)

Unfortunately such a thing isn't possible at this moment.
    A feature to allow you to merge time and text from different subtitles has been discussed before, but not implemented yet.

What you can currently do in Gnome Subtitles, is to use the Timings->Synchronize feature and set the correct times for the first and last subtitle (and perhaps some in the middle if necessary). If you already know the correct times, you'll just have to select a subtitle and Seek the movie to the correct time, then add a Sync point (and repeat this for other sync points).

Hope this helps.
    Best,
    Pedro

• Berteh

Berteh - 2014-05-16

Thanks Pedro for this quick and useful answer.
    Too bad for me... I'll try to find something else then.
    Berteh.

• Berteh

Berteh - 2014-06-26

Just in case anyone else is in the same situation: I could solve the problem "easily" using the timings > scale tool in subtitleeditor.
    B.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks