ORGFORM

Help
Sergio
2005-06-15
2013-03-19
  • Sergio

Sergio - 2005-06-15

Hi,

In the previous releases (summer 2004) from Gnofract, it was possible to see, and to rotate several fractals from ORGFORM.
    In the actuals (2.9, 2.8, 2.7), i can see these ORGFORM fractals, but never rotate its.

Is there a way to recovery this feature, modifying the fractals, and how ?

(I cannot install the old Gnofractreleases, probabily GCC problem, and other hand it's not the best way).

Cheers,

Sergio

• Edwin Young

Edwin Young - 2005-06-15

Hi Sergio,

It works like this. A fractal is only '4D' if it uses the #zwpixel variable in some way. That's because this variable passes in the 3rd and 4th dimensions to the formula. Earlier versions of Gnofract 4D would allow you to twiddle the 'rotate' knobs for all fractals, regardless of whether they were '4D' or not, but the knobs wouldn't really do anything useful, just squash the image.

Most of the formulas which ship with Gnofract 4D are 4D-enabled, but none of the ones in orgform are.

To make a formula truly 4D, open up the .frm file and edit the formula. If it has a parameter, say @p1, you could use #zwpixel instead of that parameter. Have a look at fractint-g4.frm and compare it to the file which ships in Fractint to see some examples of the ways I've done this.

Hope that helps!
      --
      Edwin

• Sergio

Sergio - 2005-06-17

OK, it works !

- have tried this method with parameters of a Julia in ORGFORM.

Thank you very much !

Sergio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks