Menu

packaging wave files with gnaural

2014-04-09
2014-10-30
  • lou wilkinson

lou wilkinson - 2014-04-09

I've made some "presets" for myself...but they involve audio tracks as voices.
    I see in the xml that the link is to my audio on my hard drive...is there some way that exists to package all this up to submit for others?

and is there some place we send presets to in order to share with others?

• gnaural

gnaural - 2014-04-10

Best advice for packaging WAV files with the presets is to simply group the entire mass (the .wav files and the one .gnaural file) in to one ZIP file. Almost all computer systems these days handle ZIP natively, so I doubt you'd have problems with people being unable to open it. One thing to be sure of: that the links to these WAV files as listed in the .gnaural preset file are not hard links to specific locations on your own computer; in general, if the WAV files are in the same directory as your .gnaural file, they don't need any path info at all (i.e., you only need to have the name of each WAV file without directory info.

As for where to share this - I would probably just upload it right here to sourceforge, in one of these two places depending on what kind of preset you've created:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnaural/files/Presets/

You can add an attachment to your reply here, I believe.

• James L

James L - 2014-10-30

What are the specific WAV settings that Gnaural for Android is expecting?

I have a session that contains two short simple WAV files, works great on the computer, but crashes the Android Gnaural as soon as you hit play.

This same session plays fine in Android without the WAV files included.

Ideas?

Edit *

I figured it out, my WAV's were 32bit float, converted to 16 bit standard in audacity and all is good.

Last edit: James L 2014-10-31