Menu

Required field cannot be left blank ???

Help
2006-09-19
2013-04-25
  • Nobody/Anonymous

That's the error message I'm getting once I hit sign in. diagnose shows all is well...  Any ideas?? www.equality.ms/gm is the URL to it.....

• neerav

neerav - 2006-09-20

Please email to me the path to your renamed/moved diagnose.php script.

Are you able to sign in through http://gmobile.sayni.net  ?

Which phone do you use?

--
      Neerav

• Nobody/Anonymous

Well, I deleted diagnose.php after running the script as the instructions said do but I will put it back.. www.equality.ms/gm/diagnose.php

Yeah, it works when I sign in through gmobile.sayni.net

Nokia 6265i

• neerav

neerav - 2006-09-20

You are running php 4.4.4. I don't think this is the real problem, but try to download libgmailer 0.10 beta 5 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmail-lite and drop it into your installation. Let us know what happens.

Rename the diagnose.php and send me the new name via private email (not through a posting on this forum).

--
        Neerav

• Alessandro Vernet

I have the same problem here.
          The server is running PHP Version 4.3.10-16, and diagnose.php reports that all the tests passed.

Alex

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same problem here. PHP Version 4.4.1. I uploaded the  libgmailer 0.10 beta 5 and tried that as well with no luck. gmobile.sayni.net works just fine, but no such luck with my installation.

• Bento

Bento - 2006-10-26

I have the same problam, i am testing gmail mobile on my xp machine, php 5.1.5. diagnose.php reports that all the tests passed

• neerav

neerav - 2006-11-08

This problem has been bugging me for a few months now, with still no idea on the cause.  In the meanwhile, try the following and please report back.

Change line 199 from:

if ($pass == "" and isset($_POST['pass_hid'])) $pass = trim($_POST['pass_hid']);

to:

if ($pass === "" and isset($_POST['pass_hid'])) $pass =
        trim($_POST['pass_hid']);

and change line 224 from:
        } elseif ($user != "" and $pass != "") {

to:

} elseif ($user !== "" and $pass !== "") {

• neerav

neerav - 2006-11-09

A solution has been found!  It had to do with register_globals ON on your server.  gmail-mobile 1.3.1 UPDATE has been released, fixing this and a few other problems with php >= 4.4.4, php safe_mode ON, and other.

Try the update and report back your success or failure stories.

--
      Neerav