portable versions

2005-05-12
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

hi,
    i dunno whether i am posying it in the right place. i could not find the right place so thought of posting it here. I use gmail-lite and also have hosted it in my server. This gives me the flexibility to check my mails from any place with internet. This also helps me in overcoming the difficulties of ISP blocking Gmail etc. many school goers as well as corporate ppl also use the same. Gmail lite because of it's light weight has become a portable one. i can upload code to any of the free servers availbale in the net and check my GMAIL. In the similar lines i would also like to have other services like yahoo, hotmail and other things..for example a light weight jabber client written as a PHP program, should help me in accessing any IM through the server to which i will be communicating. I dont know whether such mail versions in PHP or messenger versions in PHP is available with source or not. BUt such things will give absolute freedom for all. I choose PHP because it is available in almost all free hosts as well as easy to tweak with.
    thanx in advance

• neerav

neerav - 2005-05-12

Do a search for "jabber php" (without quotes) in software/groups.  More results than anyone could ask for!

Good luck.

• neerav

neerav - 2005-05-12

And make sure you "require all words"

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks