Any info on the 8.0 release?

GLtron
2006-08-25
2012-09-15
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Haven heard from you in a while Andrea, of course, I havent been in here much either.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The latest info is that the place is dead... the creator of glTRON got married, and is living in the real world now.

• Andreas Umbach

Andreas Umbach - 2006-09-13

The project is not dead, but somewhat in hibernation. Don't blame my wife for that though, blame Blizzard instead. Onyxia, Molten Core, BWL, I'm stuck in a different virtual world :-)

A brief summary on the current state of the code:

What works:

• Loading level geometry from obj files works
        • Limited to a single texture per mesh (i.e. one for the floor, one for the rest)
        • Loading (and playing with) arbitrarily shaped floors (as long as the floor's flat) works

What doesn't work:

• Resource management is broken, i.e. changing artpacks, changing resolution etc. is currently buggy
        • AI plays crappy, because it essentially assumes the grid is still a square (it dodges walls, but doesn't try to get out of e.g. tight spots).
        • Loading of old artpacks isn't supported at the moment.

I have to fix the resource management, but I'll probably leave the AI for a later revision. I also want to fix the artpack issue, e.g. the game should be able to convert older artpacks on load.

• Andreas

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi!
      No, I wasn't blaming her.... I was saying you had something I didn't.... a life, lol.
      Nice to see you here.
      ---SirVenom---
      P.S.: Good luck on completing the new version!
      P.P.S.: Switch to Guild Wars ;)

• Andreas Umbach

Andreas Umbach - 2006-09-13

Switch to Guild Wars? After I've just gotten my T2 legs (Legplates of the Ten Storms)? Are you insane?

:-)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just got my Droknar's Forge armor for my Necromancer.... cost me a good ten platinum (10,000 gold.
      Lol, I guess the conflict between WoW and GW will never end.
      ---SirVenom---

• Nobody/Anonymous

lol, guys get an IM. ;)

• Draken

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks