GLFireFX bug

Help
roulioz
2011-10-20
2013-03-15
  • roulioz

roulioz - 2011-10-20

Hi! I am using GLScene since 2005 with Delphi 7 and I never add any problem with fire manager before, but now with the new version I can't use it anymore correctly.

It seems that the GLFireFx is working fine alone, but if I had a GLEarthSkydome or a GLLensFlare to the scene, the GLFireFx isn't working anymore. Nothing is rendered when using all  these components together… Sometimes when I put the component in a different order I can see the fire works but the rendering colors aren't right, like a transparency problem… can you help me with that bug?

I have an ATI HD5870 and I don't think my graphic card is a problem, I tested that bug on other computers and it seems the same problem is happening everywhere. If you need any more informations don't hesitate to contact me directly on my mailbox : r o u l i o a _at_ h o t m a i l . c o m

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english speaking (or writing) :-)

• roulioz

roulioz - 2011-10-22

Ok I tried some other computers and it seems that this problem only happen with ATI graphic cards… any idea how to make it work? Here is the source code and a picture to demonstrate the bugs…

Source Code

• YarUnderoaker

YarUnderoaker - 2011-10-23

Okay, I will try to help you along next week.

• roulioz

roulioz - 2011-10-30

Yes thank you, it seems to be a driver problem right, I switched for some old ATI drivers and now its working fine… thats very strange indeed!

ATI is still developping bad drivers year after year…

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks