Whilst packaging 0.89 for Debian, I came across a
couple of niggles in the upstream source.
1. The intltool*.in scripts are not usually executable
- the converted scripts usually are executable, the
distributed versions (ending in .in) usually are not.
2. Please consider a manpage. I've written a very basic
one for Debian that you are free to include and modify.
Debian requires a manpage for all applications and
utilities, even system tray ones.
3. Please consider swapping the glipper.png for a .xpm.
This fits better into certain menu options. The .xpm is
in the Debian package but it's easy to convert with Gimp.
4. It would be beneficial too to add the intltool-*
scripts to the make distclean target:
DISTCLEANFILES = \ intltool-extract intltool-update intltool-merge\ po/.intltool-merge-cache
in the top level Makefile.am.
Debian temporary home (pending upload to the main
archive) : http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/packages/
Thanks and well done for a supremely useful utility!
Log in to post a comment.