Regarding anti alias and vsync

Using GLFW
2013-10-25
2013-10-30
  • Daniel Olofsson

Daniel Olofsson - 2013-10-25

Thanks for glfw3, works great! I am just struggling with a few minor issues. I am unable to get anti-alias and vsync in 3.0 (both worked in 2.x). I am using:

glfwWindowHint(GLFW_SAMPLES,2)
    glfwSwapInterval(1)
    I can get around the vsync issue if I force it on from catalyst, this however wasn't needed in 2.x.

Also, how do I query for number of samples when rendering with anti-alias? in 2.x I could get the number of samples by calling:

glfwGetWindowParam(GLFW_FSAA_SAMPLES)

As I understand I should use:

glfwGetWindowAttrib(Handle, GLFW_SAMPLES)
    ...but this gives error "Invalid argument for enum parameter". I'm using Win7, radeon hd7750.

Thank you for reading, any insights into this would be appreciated.

Last edit: Daniel Olofsson 2013-10-25
  • Camilla Löwy

Camilla Löwy - 2013-10-25

For the first issue, see the GLFW_USE_DWM_SWAP_INTERVAL CMake option.

For the second, GLFW_SAMPLES is not a window attribute. Use glGetInteger.

Last edit: Camilla Löwy 2013-10-25
  • Camilla Löwy

Camilla Löwy - 2013-10-25

The token is called GL_SAMPLES.

• Daniel Olofsson

Daniel Olofsson - 2013-10-25

Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried the DWM option in cmake, no luck... frame drop to around 10-15fps.

• Camilla Löwy

Camilla Löwy - 2013-10-26

Does multisampling work with the fsaa test?

• Daniel Olofsson

Daniel Olofsson - 2013-10-30

fsaa tests does not work, the console reports four samples but both the squeares have jagged edges.

[edit]
    The Anti alias option in the Catalyst control center is set to "Use application settings" and v-sync is set to "Off unless application specifies"
    [/edit]

Last edit: Daniel Olofsson 2013-10-30
  • Daniel Olofsson

Daniel Olofsson - 2013-10-30

This post is going a bit off topic, anyway... I got both 2.7.9 and 3.0.3 installed on my system. I tried the fsaa demo in both "tests" folders.

The 2.7.9 program displayed two anti aliased quads using the same CatalystCC settings as the 3.0.3 program (Use application settings). I guess one of the quads should be rendered with anti alias on and the other one not... judging from the source.

Thanks for looking into this!