2012-11-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Using GLFW 2.5 with Dev-cpp, I opened
    "particles" out of the examples folder
    and when trying to compile it I got these
    errors" (compile log):
    Compiler: Default compiler
    Executing gcc.exe...
    gcc.exe "C:\Dev-Cpp\glfw\examples\particles.c" -o "C:\Dev-Cpp\glfw\examples\particles.exe" -I"C:\DEV-CPP\include" -L"C:\DEV-CPP\lib" -lglut32 -lopengl32
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x69a):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwLockMutex'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x6d0):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwWaitCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0xa98):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwUnlockMutex'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0xaa5):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSignalCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1531):particles.c: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1864):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwLockMutex'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x189a):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwWaitCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x18d1):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwUnlockMutex'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x18de):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSignalCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1aae):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwInit'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1afa):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwOpenWindow'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1b03):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwTerminate'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1b1b):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSetWindowTitle'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1b27):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSwapInterval'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1b33):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSetWindowSizeCallback'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1b3f):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSetKeyCallback'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1d6d):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwExtensionSupported'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e23):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwCreateMutex'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e2d):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwCreateCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e37):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwCreateCond'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e50):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwCreateThread'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e58):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwGetTime'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e70):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwGetTime'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1e86):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwSwapBuffers'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1ea2):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwGetWindowParam'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1ee5):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwGetTime'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1f07):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwWaitThread'
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/ccc8Jfgb.o(.text+0x1f5c):particles.c: undefined reference to `glfwTerminate'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Execution terminated

What is the proper way to set up the
    linker options in the compiler?

• Drew Benton

Drew Benton - 2006-03-22

If you are using GLFW, you will need to link in:
      -lglfw
      -lopengl32
      -lglu32

NOT -glut32

Also, you will need to add a preprocessor define:
      -DGLFW_DLL

Or, just add

#define GLFW_DLL

Before you include GLFW.H

***IF that still does not work, the GLFW.a that you are using is old and needs to be rebuilt using 2.5. I have a post here:
      http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/viewreply.asp?ID=2025814
      With a DevCpp project that is out of the box ready to build + comes with the binaries.

I actually had to use that instead of the GLFW DevPak I had installed for DevCpp, so you will probabally have to as well.

I'll try and check back here again later on to see if you have any more problems with getting it compiled, good luck!

Drew Benton
      http://www.DrewBenton.net

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks