Menu

no way to compile 0.30: contact Tim error!

Help
orangeek
2007-05-31
2013-04-23
  • orangeek

orangeek - 2007-05-31

Hi.
    Yesterday I tried to update to 0.31 from svn, but I was unable to compile it (see the other post). I had the 0.30 installed.
    Since svn updated the source of the "old" 0.30 I had to download the 0.30 tarball, configure && make.
    I use debian unstable and I didnt install any package from the last time I compiled the 0.30 svn versione

this is the problem with configure --with-boost
    checking X11/Xutil.h presence... yes
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h: present but cannot be compiled
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h: see the Autoconf documentation
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xutil.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
    configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------------- ##
    configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to Tim Burrell <tim.burrell@gmail.com> ##
    configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------------------------- ##
    checking for X11/Xutil.h... yes
    checking X11/keysym.h usability... no
    checking X11/keysym.h presence... yes
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h: present but cannot be compiled
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h: see the Autoconf documentation
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
    configure: WARNING: X11/keysym.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
    configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to Tim Burrell <tim.burrell@gmail.com> ##
    checking for X11/keysym.h... yes
    checking X11/Xatom.h usability... no
    checking X11/Xatom.h presence... yes
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h: present but cannot be compiled
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h: see the Autoconf documentation
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
    configure: WARNING: X11/Xatom.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
    checking for X11/Xatom.h... yes
    checking for snd_mixer_open in -lasound... no
    configure: error: You must have ALSA Installed!

any idea, Tim?

• Tim Burrell

Tim Burrell - 2007-06-01

Hmm... I do have an idea, but have you tried with 3.1?  I'm hoping this has been fixed.