orangeek - 2008-04-10

Hi.
I'll try to explain my issue and the vicious circle i just entered :(.
my knoppmyth starts gizmod and mythwelcome (not mythfrontend) at the x.org boot.
when mythwelcome loaded I just need to press the OK button on my ati remote to start the mythfrontend. as you know, the OK button works as an "ENTER" input regardless gizmod is loaded or not (it comes from the kernel module).
when I've mythfrontend loaded (with my fancy keybindings for gizmod), SOMETIMES I notice that gizmod doesnt work as it should: I just get the default keybindings from the kernel module. I notice that because in gizmod the "STOP" button is configured in mythfrontend as "ESC".

actually, my horrible not-even-a-solution is to:
- load mythfrontend pushing OK from mythwelcome
- hit STOP to see if gizmod works correctly (if yes, it'll give the ESC input, otherwise it doesnt output anything since that button is not configured by the kernel)
- if not, switch to a tty, killall gizmod and restart it

I thought that I could configure gizmod to use the POWER button to killall gizmod and restart it but...
this is a vicious circle. if gizmod doesnt work correctly, I can use a configured event to restart it.

as far as I remember, this behaviour began suddenly without touching my system. I'm 100% sure I didnt modify my previous working gizmod config scripts.

do you see any solution?

thank you
orangeek