suggestion: import old scripts?

Help
orangeek
2007-06-04
2013-04-23
  • orangeek

orangeek - 2007-06-04

Hi.
    After upgrading gizmod I noticed that sometimes (I suppose only with major changes in the source) gizmod tell me that my custom scripts are not "supported" by the new version of the program (I don't have the output now but something like 'the API is changed').
    Don't worry: I test the new version with the default (new) scripts and then I edit the new ones copying the old keybindings, but:
    there is way to import keybindings in the new scripts?

thanks,
    orangeek

• Tim Burrell

Tim Burrell - 2007-06-04

Yeah this is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed.  Right now I'm thinking that some sort of diff like merge command might be nice.  Gentoo has a handy utility called dispatch-conf for dealing with configuration file changes when upgrading software, and I have a feeling that it (or something similar) might do the trick.

Fortunately I have a feeling that the underlying Gizmod Python API has, for the most part, stabilized.  I don't forsee any more sweeping changes that will make scripts incompatible (although you never know)... and regardless some sort of merge utility would really be nice.

It's been added to the TODO list.

Thanks,

Tim.

• orangeek

orangeek - 2007-06-05

good!
        thanks for the answer!