Canon Selphy CP510 and Gutenprint

Help
Ed T
2006-04-28
2013-05-29
  • Ed T

Ed T - 2006-04-28

I've installed Gutenprint RC2 on Suse 9.3 and 10 and can print to my Epson printer using the Gutenprint driver with CUPS. 

I installed the CP510 printer driver and successfully printed the test page.  All of my attempts to print photos result in all white prints. Has anybody gotten this printer to work with CUPS?

TIA  

• Robert Krawitz

Robert Krawitz - 2006-04-28

Can you print from the GIMP?

• Ed T

Ed T - 2006-04-29

Gee... Yes it does. I don't know why it won't work in other apps. How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
        et

• Ed T

Ed T - 2006-04-30

Some testing by making PS files from JPGs using "convert" in ImageMagick and printing them using the lpr command seems to show that the origin of the print is set to the upper left instead of the PS convention of lower left, causing the prints to be all white unless adjusted (shifted) by the convert command. 

This looks like a bug.

• Robert Krawitz

Robert Krawitz - 2006-04-30

So you can print from the GIMP, but not a PS file generated by convert?  What about other applications?

• Ed T

Ed T - 2006-04-30

Other applications do not work.  The Gimp seems to be correcting for the problem.  I _can_ print a generated PS file _if_ I shift the picture to the upper left when generated.  I think it may be that the paper size is not detected to be 4x6 so it is printing white unless the picture is placed there.

When the test print is printed after setup, only a piece of the image is printed, as it isn't scaled to the paper size.  

• Robert Krawitz

Robert Krawitz - 2006-05-05

Can you set your other apps to generate output for 4x6 paper rather than letter paper?  If you generate output for letter-size paper, it will be clipped!

• Ed T

Ed T - 2006-05-08

Yes.  I can set up for postcard or 4x6 but I get a white printout.  I tried the latest snapshot of
                gutenprint which said it fixed some cups issues, but it worked the same.  It was nice to actually see my printer's PPD file listed.

• Robert Krawitz

Robert Krawitz - 2006-05-08

Could you set LogLevel Debug in your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, restart CUPS, try to print a job, and send me (rlk@alum.mit.edu) the contents of your /var/log/cups/error_log?

• Ed T

Ed T - 2006-04-28

Gee... Yes it does.  I don't know why it won't work in other apps.  How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
      et

• Gernot Hassenpflug

If you are still here:
    Please note that support for the Selphy series is now underway.
    We would apreciate very much if you would send us the USB PID.
    If you use linux, use "lsusb" to see the USB ID number.