Mac Lion - can't find installed drivers

Help
2012-06-09
2013-05-29
  • Erik Nolder

Erik Nolder - 2012-06-09

I have my Canon MP780 running from my ReadyNAS which works fine from my MacPro…but trying to install it on my MPB seems impossible.  It sees it both on bonjour as a direct printer or as a shared printer on my MacPro…but when it sets it up, it installs the wrong (non-CUPS) driver.  I've installed (and unininstalled ) the last two versions of the Gutenprint drivers…but regardless of the install, they never show up anywhere on my drive to select.  Again, works on my MP just not on the MBP?…help.

• mbroughtn

mbroughtn - 2012-06-09

Sometimes auto configuration doesn't do what you want.  Have you tried manually setting up another print queue?  Select the Bonjour printer and give it a different name.  You should be able to specify the Gutenprint driver at that point.  When you click on the Add button, you will get a warning that a print queue already exists for that printer.  Just click OK.

After you add the Gutenprint printer queue, you can delete the one using the Canon driver.  I am not familiar with the process Canon uses to add their printers.  It may automatically add the printer again using the Canon driver.  in any event, I think you should be able to choose which printer queue to use when you go to print a document.

• Erik Nolder

Erik Nolder - 2012-06-13

No matter what printer is selected, no Canon CUPS drivers show…can't even find them in the library. Just reset the printing system, now it won't let me add any printer…this must be a Lion OS issue…maybe a permissions thing…strange…thanks for the help…E

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks