printing to Sony UP-CR10L

Help
2012-11-07
2015-07-23
  • Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate - 2012-11-07

I need to print to a Sony SnapLab printer. It isn't listed in the supported printers, but the Sony UP-DP10 is listed, and that too is a dye-sub 4x6 photo printer. Using that option does make the printer go through the actions it should, but the printout that appears, even using the Print Test Page option in the Print Queue menus, comes out almost completely black, with a dark scrambled skewed noise pattern.

The printer prints fine when given an SD card that has photos on it. Also, a thin strip of the last successfully printed SD image appears on each otherwise very dark test print.

Is there any hope for me?

• Solomon Peachy

Solomon Peachy - 2012-11-21

Yes, there is hope.  But it's going to take a bit of work on your part so we can help you, since none of us has access to one of those printers.

Do you have the ability to hook that printer up to a Windows or Mac box?   If you can "print to file" then we can begin to decode the printer data stream.

• Ryan Sweeney

Ryan Sweeney - 2013-03-06

I have a SnapLab UP-CR10L that I can hook to a Mac.  Sony stopped writing drivers for it after OS X Snow Leopard.  I'm wanting to revamp the way I do some things, and would love for it to work with debian. 

What do you need?

• Solomon Peachy

Solomon Peachy - 2015-07-23

I don't know if you still have this printer, but I believe the 5.2.11-pre1 release should support the UP-CR10L. However, one thing I'm missing is the USB VID/PID, and of course someone to test the results.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks