Custom Ink Sets

2011-10-11
2013-05-29
  • colorfinger

colorfinger - 2011-10-11

I would like to replace the Cyan Light and Magenta Light with Black in the Claria Inkset. Something like…

<InkName translate="text" name="PhotoCMYK" text="White Underbase" InkID="CcMmYK">
      <Channels>
       <channel name="claria_black" index="0">
        <subchannel color="0" subchannel="0" name="Black" text="Black" translate="text">
         <ChannelDensityParam name="BlackDensity"/>
        </subchannel>
       </channel>
       <channel name="extended_claria_cyan" index="2">
        <subchannel color="2" subchannel="1" headOffset="2" name="LightCyan" text="Light Cyan" translate="text">
         <ChannelDensityParam name="CyanDensity"/>
        </subchannel>
       </channel>
       <channel name="extended_claria_magenta" index="4">
        <subchannel color="1" subchannel="1" name="LightMagenta" text="Light Magenta" translate="text">
         <ChannelDensityParam name="MagentaDensity"/>
        </subchannel>
       </channel>
      </Channels>
    </InkName>

I know this won't work… Is there some way to split the channel like in the C120 inkset where we have something like:

<InkName translate="text" name="CMYK" text="White Underbase" InkID="CMYK">
      <Channels>
       <channel name="c120_black" index="0">
        <subchannel color="0" subchannel="4" name="Black" text="Black" translate="text">
         <ChannelDensityParam name="BlackDensity"/>
         <SplitChannels count="2">0 64</SplitChannels>
        </subchannel>
       </channel>
      </Channels>
    </InkName>

My goal is to print White Textile ink in those channels.  It would also be nice if we could rearrange the physical carts to our liking.  How can we achieve our goals?  There is allot of interest in this.  If I understood this better I could change other Inksets for the users in our DIY DTG community.  Is there documentation for understanding the Inks and models XML definitions?  I've looked high and low and can not find anything.

Thanks,

Bob ?;O)

• colorfinger

colorfinger - 2011-10-13

Help ?

• colorfinger

colorfinger - 2011-10-16

If anyone is interested in helping/contributing here is the link to the project I've mentioned.  I'm calling it GutenRIP™….

Thanks,

Bob ?;O)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks