Recognize Selection.

2011-07-20
2013-04-21
  • Nigini Abilio

Nigini Abilio - 2011-07-20

Hi. I'm testing gImagerReader and it is great. Congrats for the work.

One of the thing I'm more interested at is the "Recognize Selection" button. I've already pass through the code, but could not get how to use it directly in tesseract-ocr via command line. Do you know if this is possible?

I know that this is not about your tool, but it appears you have knowledge about it. I've already searched the web, but the lack of documentation is a fact. I'll really appreciate any pointer about it.

Thanks in advance.

• Sandro Mani

Sandro Mani - 2011-11-24

Sorry for the late answer, I really wonder why sourceforge won't send me emails about new forum postings… Anyway, if this still interests you: I extract the selection before calling tesseract, but there is a tesseract API for defining regions, though you would need to write your own program implementing that api in c++.

• Arunas Ruksnaitis

tesseract baseapi is really simple. You can get pixbuf from any drawable, or from the clipboard, and then feed it to tesseract. It is as simple as init, set image, get text.
    There is  immense API beyond basic to do with options, layout recognition, paging, training the neural network, but the basics are very accessible. Just look at /usr/include/tesseract/baseapi.h

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks