Menu

How to set number of playbacks? Stuck on playing back once even if gif plays back a specfied amount

Help
Susan Lau
2019-11-04
2019-11-05
  • Susan Lau

Susan Lau - 2019-11-04

Hi, Thank you for making this tool. I have one thing I really need help with however!

I'm trying to make stickers for LINE chat and they need apng, but i am more familiar making gifs so I am testing out how to convert gifs to .apng under their regulations which are numerous. Your converter has come the closest of all the programs i've tried (So many) to converting correcly for LINE.

The one issue is, when i convert a .gif to .apng it goes from playing back 2 times (or any number of specific times) to only once.

Is there some way to control this? LINE chat requires stickers to play back 1, 2, 3 or 4 times in under 4 seconds so I would like animations that are 1 or 2 seconds long to play back 2-4 times, but if the converter auto matically makes them play only once, I can't use it.

Is there any way you can help? Am I doing something wrong? I attached the .gif and the .apng to show what I mean!

• Max Stepin

Max Stepin - 2019-11-05

Yeah, I need to fix that. Meanwhile as a workaround you can create GIFs with one additional loop, After conversion it will be fine.

You can also try my other tool:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/apngasm/
    It can directly set the number of loops for animation.

• Susan Lau

Susan Lau - 2019-11-05

I tried the loops +1 and it seems to have worked! Hurray! Thanks so much for your quick response !

I have downloaded the other one, it's my last resort because I just make gifs faster than exporting pngs and then remaking them haha.