I prepare new version of Gmail Herald - improved and updated. Besides of some bug fixes the main feature that I am going to show is ability to mark email messages as read directly from Gmail Herald's notification window. This will require enabling IMAP in your Gmail account.
This is bug fix release. The following changes have been made:
- Fixed issue caused by opening multiple browser windows (tabs) when double clicking on icon,
- Refactored the application versions management code,
- Minor code improvements.
After more than one year pause Gmail Herald 0.3 finally released. The following changes/improvements included:
1) Fixed wrong separators usage issue in GMail Herald executable path when save it into the Windows registry for starting the application on system start up. This prevented to GMail Herald start as expected. Now the native separators used instead.
2) Improved version control system.
3) Implemented the new installer script for new NSIS based package generation. The new install package includes SSL related libraries missed in previous packages as well Microsoft run times.... read more
For all Gmail Herald users!
New official version 0.3 of Gmail Herald is going to be released soon. The last preparation work is almost done.
After long period of silence I start working on Gmail Herald project again. Planning to get rid of extra dependencies, fix some bugs and move sources to the Git repository.
What's new in this release:
Show received email date and time on notification window.
Cosmetic improvements on notification window.
Changed notification window icon.
Added button to notification window to hide it with mouse click.
Play sound on new email arrival.
Improved Options dialog with sound file settings.
Added new icons for menu items.
Added "View Inbox" menu item to open Gmail inbox in browser window.
Improved application version maintanence.
Gmail Herald checks for updates on startup and allow to download new versions from About window.
Implement localization support with translatable string constants.
Add support for Russian language.
I would like to announce Gmail Herald's first beta release. Release version is 0.1.202b. I would appreciate your feedback, bug reports and ideas about this application.