We are pleased to announce the release of
* Gfarm file system version 2.5.7,
* Gfarm2fs version 1.2.7.
This release improves the destination host scheduling of gfprep and
gfpcopy, supports nanosecond resolution for file
creation/modification/access time, and fixes bugs that include
inconsistent file replicas. We strongly recommend for all users to
upgrade to this version.
Release note for Gfarm 2.5.7
* gfprep, gfpcopy - improve destination host scheduling not to choose
the same destination at the same time
* libgfarm, gfsd - support nanosecond resolution for file
creation/modification/access time if it is supported by the file
* gfmd - suppress too many "accept: Too many open files" messages when
thousands of clients access [sf.net trac #412]
* gfmd - file replicas may be inconsistent if the file is updated
within a second but it has the same size.
Release note for Gfarm2fs 1.2.7
* support file overwrite under no file replica
* support ubuntu 11.10 or later
Department of Computer Science, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058577 Japan