We are pleased to announce the release of
* Gfarm file system version 2.5.5,
* Gfarm zabbix plugin version 1.0.0.
This release includes bug fixes of gfmd metadata server. It also
includes parallal file replica creation command, and paralle file copy
(staging) commmand. We strongly recommend for all users to upgrade to
Gfarm zabbix plugin enables to monitor the status of Gfarm file
Release note for Gfarm 2.5.5
* gfprep - parallel file replication command
* gfpcopy - parallel file copy command
* gfpcopy-test.sh - test script to investigate effective number of
parallel file copy creations
New configuration directive
* client_parallel_copy - specify the number of parallel operations for
gfpcopy and gfprep.
* gfmd - fix assertion failure when multiple clients open the
same file, which was introduced in 2.4.1. [sf.net trac #375]
* gfmd - fix segfault during replication [sf.net trac #200, #256, and
* gfmd - journal records are not completely applied at start up
[sf.net trac #371]
* gfmd - directory inode is not freed, when unlink() against the
directory is called during the directory is opened [sf.net trac
* gfmdhost does not output expired state, which was introduced in
2.5.4 [sf.net trac #369]
* Gfarm-FAQ - correct the description about how to dump core
* gfmd - fix a segfault when multiple clients, each has a valid
certificate, try to authenticate but fail. [sf.net trac #348]
This fix requires to explicitly send SIGHUP to gfmd and gfsd to
reload CA certificate and CRL.
Department of Computer Science, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058577 Japan
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.