Hotmail changing again.

Help
2010-07-03
2013-05-28
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Jos De Laender

Jos De Laender - 2010-07-03

Dear users,

It seems that hotmail structure is changing again.
    And as it appears, quite drastically.
    I spent a few hours on it yesterday, but it seems this time far from obvious getting a patch to keep GetLive working.
    Frankly, I'm not sure if I'm going to manage.
    Anyhow, I will not be able working on it for some 2 weeks.
    If someone is able to find patches/corrections meantime, please keep us posted.
    Meanwhile the POP3 (which is now available for all accounts) is an alternative, allbeit with some limitations.

Jos

• Aaron Stemen

Aaron Stemen - 2010-07-05

The change has been applied to my account yet.  Once it does, I'll take a look to see what I can do.

-A

• Aaron Stemen

Aaron Stemen - 2010-07-05

I meant "hasn't" been applied to my account yet.

• doe877

doe877 - 2010-07-26

It looks like about 10-12% of all accounts are affected by the new page structure as of today.

• Fig Wright

Fig Wright - 2010-07-26

Has affected me as of today.

• Marc Millien

Marc Millien - 2010-07-28

Hi,

I started working on a patch (quicly written :p), i'm able to login et list folders, maybe someone will be able to continue (i'm not sure i'll be able to in the next days).

(First time i use sourceforge, i'm searching where i can allow you do download the patch :D?)

Marc.

• Franz Wetter

Franz Wetter - 2010-07-28

Hi Marc,
    I am interested in your patch and maybe I can continue to work on it. Could you send it me to this address: furansublog at gmail.com
    Thanks

• Aaron Stemen

Aaron Stemen - 2010-07-30

Ugh!  My account finally switched.  i'll take a look at the patch that Marc posted and see if I can make some progress.  It'll probably be tomorrow or this weekend before I can get to it.

-A

• HaDeS

HaDeS - 2010-08-09

Anyone got a fix for this yet?

• Aaron Stemen

Aaron Stemen - 2010-08-09

I haven't had time to do any work on it yet.

For anybody that is working on it, I recommend using Firebug (if using Firefox) or Fiddler (if using IE) to capture the requests going to Hotmail.

For each individual action (Move to Folder, Delete, Mark as Read, etc), look at the request that's being posted to Hotmail.  Look at the individual parameters and determine where on the page the parameter values are coming from.  It could be page-wide, or it could be for a specific message.

Then, build the request in text form, and try each individual function programmatically.  It's tedious and time-consuming, but that's what I have to do when i'm helping out.

For now, I've simply been using POP3 to download my Inbox.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't grab the mail from the Junk folder, so I still need to use this script.  I just haven't had time to help work on it, and it doesn't appear that Jos has had time either.

-A

• Jos De Laender

Jos De Laender - 2010-08-09

Aaron,

I use Live Http Headers, a firefox extension for the same purpose. But you are absolutely right that one needs a tool like that for capturing and reverse engineering the communication.

Sometimes a related project ('freepops') can give some hints too. Although they are now in the same trouble phase as we are.

My problem is that this time the change seems so drastic that - as far as I can judge on my view - it will be probably a serious overhaul of GetLive, not to say a new script. Something I simply don't have the time for :(. But if hints come in, if people find relative simple workarounds, I'm all in for advice, coding etc.

Jos

• Qwerty Pep

Qwerty Pep - 2010-08-10

I have been working on a fix, using marcmillien idea of using the mobile site. I'll try to post an update soon. Right now, it can handle all folders ( including draft/deleted), download of messages (source), messsage ids,  and it detects read/unread status. No read/unread markings yet, but would not be that hard.

• Franz Wetter

Franz Wetter - 2010-08-10

I worked on the Marc's script to release a beta version working on my box except the MarkRead, MoveToFolder and DeleteMessage functions. I don't know how to upload this script on the forum. If someone can help me to post this script…

The script handles any reading panel.

This is a first draft. If someone can contribute and complete the 3 missing functions and improve the script. The Post parameters are more complicated than before. I will work on it if I have some more time.

Thanks to Marc that provides me a good beginning for developing.
    Franz

• Franz Wetter

Franz Wetter - 2010-08-10

I add the new script in the patch section. I don't know if it is the right place for that.
    Please contribute.
    Franz

• Jos De Laender

Jos De Laender - 2010-08-10

Hi Franz,

I'll pick up the script there.

Would you reasonably consider it as an 'extension' or 'modification' of what I currently have ? Or is it totally new ?
    (didn't have a look yet …)

In the first case I would suggest that I review and release as a new GetLive. Probably adding you to the copyright holders.

If it is rather a totally new script, I would suggest that I back off this project and leave the floor to you. You can take over the infrastructure of course.

Please advice how you see it.

Jos

• Franz Wetter

Franz Wetter - 2010-08-11

Hello Jos,
    This is not a new one. Consider it as a patch or as an update. I ve just modified the post data and the parsing of the html pages.
    Don t hesitate to modify the coding style. I just want to help the project.
    I adopt your structure and I add a new mode 201007 (as default one) as Marcmillien has done
    Franz

• Jos De Laender

Jos De Laender - 2010-08-11

Ok Franz,

That's fine. More : it's great !
    Let me know where I can pick it up. I'll review,test and release.

Jos

• conor

conor - 2010-08-15

Hi!

Thanks for the update, it means that the software can log in and download messages once again.

However, now "MarkRead", "Delete" and "MoveToFolder" don't work!

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks for any help!

All the best..

Conor

• Fig Wright

Fig Wright - 2010-08-17

It looks like a fix is very close but not quite… Without "MarkRead", "Delete" and "MoveToFolder" will it keep downloading the same messages over and over again?

• conor

conor - 2010-08-26

Yes fig_wright..

It was very nice of Franz  to update the software so it can once again download messages, however it downloads the same messages every single day now as he didn't update the MoveMessagesToFolder and the MarkMessagesReadState functionality.

I tried changing:

if ($Mode =~ m/(200909|201002|201003)/) {

to

if ($Mode =~ m/(200909|201002|201003|201007)/) {

to have the functions run, but although the debug output says that it is "Marking email message as read." the command must have changed (or its parameters have changed) as nothing happens, the message is not mark read (or moved or deleted as appropriate).

It appears that a rewrite of the $Url and/or $PostData variables is required in both the MoveToFolder subroutine and the MarkRead  subroutine.

It's a pity as the software is currently unusable to me. :(

All the best…

Conor

• b-matt

b-matt - 2010-09-05

Franz 's patch works for me. The messages do not get marked as read and they are not moved to the folder I specify,
    but they are only downloaded a single time.
    Im using Mode=201007
    Pretty much business as usual for me with getlive. Thanks Franz.

• Fig Wright

Fig Wright - 2010-09-05

Oh yes, I think you are right - I'm not getting duplicates (yet)…

• Syed Abdullah Aljunid

I'm a fan of getlive and have been using it up till the last hotmail structure change. Anyway I just wanted to point out that e-mail forwarding from hotmail live account to any other address now works. Just in case you guys didn't notice.

• Fig Wright

Fig Wright - 2010-09-05

You mean, we can now do this just by putting in a setting in Hotmail? Does the email arrive as a forwarded attachment from hotmail or as a transparently forwarded email?

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)