Import showing incorrect "free ranges"

Alex Moen
2013-10-11
2013-10-19
  • Alex Moen

Alex Moen - 2013-10-11

I have imported (from a spreadsheet) a bunch of root networks. For some reason, there seem to be a bunch of "free ranges" (marked in green highlighting) between some of the networks, but not all of the networks. None of these networks have had any root or end networks added to them as yet, so I don't understand where these "free ranges" have come from, or why they are so inconsistently added.

• Alex Moen

Alex Moen - 2013-10-11

OK, so I think I figured part of this out, but there is still some confusion.

I had, in the list, 10.4.0.0/16, then 10.6.0.0/16, neither of which had any root or end networks defined in them. Between these two root networks is a "free range" of 10.4.0.0-10.5.255.255 (131072 free addresses), basically showing that there was an open area of addresses here. That's the part that I get.

Now, I created, inside of 10.4.0.0/16, and end network of 10.4.0.0/24. Logic would dicatate that the "free range" would be reduced by this /24, and the "free range" would be recalculated to 10.4.1.0/10.5.255.255, but it did not.

Any suggestions as to what happened here?

TIA

• Marc Uebel

Marc Uebel - 2013-10-11

Hi Alex
    I can not reproduce this issue. In my installation it is displayed as you describe above. Can you provide me a screenshot? Please send it to contact@gestioip.net.
    Regards
    Marc

• Alex Moen

Alex Moen - 2013-10-11

E-mail sent.

• Alex Moen

Alex Moen - 2013-10-15

Marc,

Did you get my e-mail? Haven't heard anything on either of my questions in a couple of days, so I just wanted to follow up...

Thanks!

• Marc Uebel

Marc Uebel - 2013-10-15

Hell Alex
    Thanks a lot for the screenshots. I can now reproduce the problem.
    It will be fixed with one of the next patches.
    Regards
    Marc

• Alex Moen

Alex Moen - 2013-10-15

Excellent. Thanks Marc!

• zentarim

zentarim - 2013-10-19

Unfortunately, I too have a similar problem. I sent you (contact@gestioip.net) a screenshot of the problem. When is the bug fix? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Problem appeared after the addition of networks and sub-networks via the web interface

Last edit: zentarim 2013-10-19
  • zentarim

zentarim - 2013-10-19

Something could be done. The results sent to your email (contact@gestioip.net)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks