CSV Import

Anonymous
2012-03-05
2013-10-07
  • Anonymous - 2012-03-05

Hello,
    we have the ability to export to csv.
    Is it possible to import from csv? Would be nice so we can make a script which imports a csv automatically.

• Marc Uebel

Marc Uebel - 2012-03-05

Hello
    No, it's not possible to import CSV data directly. But you can import the CSV data into a spreadsheet application like Libre Office Calc or MS Excel, save the data like .xls and import than the .xls file into GestióIP. I think his is quite easy and will not take more than one minute.  Doesn't fit this feature your requirements?
    Regards
    Marc

• Anonymous - 2012-03-05

Not realy. We want to do that automatically.
    Our collegues aren't using GestioIP and aren't going to get access to our database. But we want their systems in our Database.
    I thought of a MySQL Database where they are inputting their systems with relevant informations and we sync this database with GestioIP.
    So both can get a general overview of the hosts in this network.
    But I can't find out how the tables and fields are dependent on each other.
    It's only for one specific network and they would provide us the hosts in this network.
    SNMP isn't an option because the hosts in this network aren't in our direct control.

• Anonymous - 2012-03-05

Do you have another idea how to accomplish this automaticaly?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi
    To accomplish this I think export the date to CVS and import it into the GestióIP database would be a good possibility. As you write above, you need to write a script for that.
    If you plan to do so please write a mail to contact@gestioip.net.
    Regards
    Marc

• Keithi

Keithi - 2013-10-07

I'd like this ability as well. I have a script that runs an SNMP query on all routers, pulls the route table along with the next-hop interface description, then writes it to a csv. I'd like to be able to import that csv on a nightly basis into GestioIP automatically.

• Marc Uebel

Marc Uebel - 2013-10-07

Hi
    A simple csv import script is under development (only standard columns). It will be releleased within the next weeks.
    Regards
    Marc

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks