From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey@re...> - 2005-12-22 00:17:59
PostGIS (released under GPL) adds support for geographic objects
to the PostgreSQL object-relational database. For applications
with spatial data management and processing, PostGIS provides
all the types, functions, and indices necessary to get the job
done. Add geographical information systems (GIS) to PostgreSQL
[2005/12/21] The 1.1.0 release is a major release, including
new functionality, performance improvements and bug fixes.
* Geometry buildings functions, including line merging,
polygon creation and vertex manipulation,
* Linear referencing functions, including support for
* Performance improvements to coordinate reference
* Autoconfiguration support, removing the old installation
requirement for a built PostgreSQL source tree (for PostgreSQL
8.0 and up),
* JDBC2 support in Java classes, and
* A renewed and improved regression testing suite.
The full change log is available:
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.