From: Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux@te...> - 2003-09-02 12:41:00
A new constant has been added in LocalCoordinateSystem:
* A two-dimensional cartesian coordinate system with x,y axis in
* metres. By default, this coordinate system has no transformation
* path to any other coordinate system (i.e. a map using this CS
* can't be reprojected to a geographic coordinate system. This CS
* is usefull as a default one when no CS were explicitly specified.
public static final LocalCoordinateSystem CARTESIAN;
The J2D renderer (the one used by org.geotools.gui.swing.MapPane) now
default to this CARTESIAN coordinate system instead of WGS84. As a
result, distance will be computed using the usual pythagorian formula
rather than Ellipsoid.orthodromicDistance(...), unless a geographic CS
is explicitly set.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.