In the line of tree-structure discussion, I would like to talk about
AWTRenderer vs Java2DRenderer:
* I have downloaded most of J2ME API available at
http://java.sun.com/j2me. The "java.awt" package
doesn't seem to appears anywhere.
* The only Graphics class I found was
javax.microedition.lcdui.Graphics in the
"Mobile Information Device profile". Its
API is similar to java.awt.Graphics, but
with some significant differences.
So my proposal is:
* There is no need for an AWTRenderer working on java.awt.Graphics.
The Java2DRenderer is the AWT renderer for J2SE, since
java.awt.Graphics2D is available in every AWT packages
except JDK 1.0 and 1.1.
* The current AWTRenderer may be tuned into a microedition
Renderer. However, it use a different Graphics object with
some particular API. See the API page attached.
* Module "awtRenderer" may be renamed "renderer/j2me" (according
my first proposal in my previous post) and "Java2DRenderer" may
be renamed "renderer/j2se".
* The J2SE implementation could be in "org.geotools.renderer.awt"
package. It would be consistent with an eventual SWT implementation
which use yet an other Graphics object (the SWT implementation would
be in "org.geotools.renderer.swt"). The J2ME implementation could be
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.