From: Chris Holmes (JIRA) <jira@co...> - 2009-12-23 04:49:08
Oracle Georaster support
Issue Type: New Feature
Components: new modules
Reporter: Chris Holmes
Attachments: GeoTools Oracle GeoRaster Configuration-1.doc, imagemosaic-jdbc.zip
I had a patch contributed to do Oracle GeoRaster support. From the author:
Here is a brief on the georaster capability:
1) It extends the imagemosiac-jdbc plugin
2) Can only be used to read already loaded georaster data. To load the data we used the java command-line tools available with Oracle Spatial
3) Developed against GeoTools 2.5.7
4) Utilises GeoRaster pyramid capabilities
5) Support 10g v1 & v2
We have a couple of issues:
1) how to re-distribute the GeoRaster Libraries which come with Oracle Spatial
2) OC4J Classloader issue with the required XMLParserV2.
I hope the fact it extends an already existing plugin isn't disappointing. What I can say though is that initial test result show that performance is very good, compared with an (unnamed!) commercial rival!
So the code may need to be cleaned up and adapted some, possibly as part of the jdbc-imagemosiac, or as a new plugin that extends it well. But this should be enough to get people started.
Also attached is a .doc on how to configure it.
I have permission from the author and his boss to contribute it to open source.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira