I'm working for the Research centre of the "Centre hospitalier de
l'Université de Montréal" http://www.chumtl.qc.ca/ (Québec, Canada) in order
to develop a Health GeoPortal where Geonetwork as been selected has the most
suited for our needs. But some modification will need to be done in order to
meat our needs.
Our goal is:
- Ensure collaboration (knowledge transfer and geodata sharing) between
health researchers and Montreal's environmental health surveillance teams to
reinforce the surveillance and research capacities.
- To promote among researchers and surveillance teams the systematic
geocoding of their data and a standard ways to structure and document their
data in order to ensure the ease of sharing it and their durability over
- To delivers an online Health geoportal where data can be documented,
published, searched, viewed and shared as mush as to publish research
results, scientific papers, online surveys, and more...
- Finally, to eventually provide a decision making support interface for
policy makers and urban planners.
We plan to release a first version this health geoportal around May 2009...
and will run on PostGIS
Sorry for this long introduction, but here is my questions:
- What programming background the hired geonetwork developer should have?
- Should we work on the v2.2 stable release or collaborate on the latest SVN
Thanks for your help!!
University of Montreal
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Hiring-a-developer-tp17427183p17427183.html
Sent from the geonetwork-devel mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.