#8 parsing of listings broken?

closed
hsca
None
5
2010-10-22
2010-10-21
SREagle
No

I noticed that since quite some time (maybe the GC.com site update of oct., 8th) some fields in the database are empty or false.

* terrain is always like difficulty
* container is empty
* hidden date is always the date the listing was added to the database

I always update the corresponding cache.txt files by hand and generate a new summary, but it's a lot of work.

Discussion

  • hsca

    hsca - 2010-10-21

    Sorry, I cannot simulate this behavior you describe.
    Which version of geolog you use? Do you refreshed the language files with the last update?
    Please send me a debuginfo.zip when you add a new listing.

    Christian

     
  • hsca

    hsca - 2010-10-21
    • assigned_to: nobody --> hsca
     
  • SREagle

    SREagle - 2010-10-21

    Wow, that's what I call reaction time!
    I use Geolog 2.63.
    I think your guess is right. Maybe I really just have to refresh the language files, since I use Geolog for some time now with several versions and never did anything like that.
    I also noticed, that I got "Language not supported" for every "Cache seen the first time", so that would possibly indicate something like that.
    I ran "edit profile", answered every redownload question with yes.
    After that, I used the "-D found" option to delete an entry and rerun with incremental download to get it again - this time all seemed ok.
    Sorry to raise a false alarm.

     
  • hsca

    hsca - 2010-10-22

    Great :D

     
  • hsca

    hsca - 2010-10-22
    • status: open --> closed
     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks